Under the supervision of the licensed nursing staff, provides direct patient care to assigned patients to assure patient comfort, safety and hygiene needs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES(*Essential Functions)
Assists patients with basic patient care related tasks, including bathing, toileting, dressing, grooming, feeding, transferring, ambulating, transporting and making beds.
Cleans and maintains equipment, patient rooms, and other areas as assigned.
Measures and records vital signs to include blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respirations, glucometer, oxygen saturation, weight intake and output, and food consumption.
Reports on patient's status changes or requests to licensed nursing staff as observed during rounding and answering the call lights.
Documents patient care information per policies and procedures in the medical record.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS(Minimum Requirements)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Ability to clearly communicate patient's status and care issues to Licensed Nursing Staff.
Ability to verbally communicate with patients, families, the public and other staff of the department.
Ability to complete assigned tasks independently.
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent Required
- 1 Healthcare/Medical - Nurse: Assistant Preferred
- Certified Nursing Assistant Certified
- Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation
Meets the Standards of Behavior as outlined in Personnel Policy and Procedure #1, Employee Relations Code.
Demonstrates knowledge of procedures for protecting and maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family, organizational and other medical information. Understands and supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in adhering to federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations governing ethical business practices for healthcare providers.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.