Audit Manager (Investment Funds) - Tysons or Rockville (Hybrid)
Cherry Bekaert is a Top 25 Accounting and Advisory that has been providing outstanding service to our clients for over 75 years. Our shared values, including uncompromising integrity, a passion for excellence and mutual respect have helped us get here. If these values align with yours, we’d like to hear from you. Help us continue in our success as an Audit Manager supporting our our Tysons or Rockville office. We're seeking an Audit Manager with experience with Investment Funds Audits.
What your day looks like:
• Communicating between clients and the firm to ensure engagement objectives are met by all parties.
• Oversee firm objectives (engagement economics) and manage firm resources to ensure that established goals are met.
• Provides guidance and experience to ensure that engagement risks are identified and appropriate responses (including specific audit steps) are taken.
• Mentor and develop associates by providing timely on-site reviews and providing feedback on associates’ performance
• Facilitate resolutions on complex audit and accounting issues
• Review financial reporting and ensure client deliverables are provided in a timely manner.
• Provide the engagement partner with timely status updates and communicates and involves the partner, if needed, in the resolution of any client issues as they arise.
• Begin to develop one or more areas of technical specialization and begin to serve as a technical consultant, both internally and externally
• Be a trusted advisor to a client and begins to identify opportunities for expanded services
• Develop outside relationships (professional, personal, etc.) with a goal to foster long-term business development opportunities.
What you need for this role:
An ideal fit for our firm displays a passion for superior client service, uncompromising integrity, excellent project management abilities, and leadership skills. We’re a fast-paced and dynamic environment so a strong sense of urgency will fit right in! Most industry experience will be considered.
• Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Proven ability to lead and develop A&A associates
• Experience with Investment Funds Audits
• 5+ years’ experience in public accounting, but corporate experience will also be considered.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting. Masters preferred.
• Must be a certified public accountant and have an active CPA license.
• Remote opportunities within the US
What you can expect from us:
• Shared values, including uncompromising integrity, a passion for excellence, and mutual respect
• The opportunity to innovate and do work that motivates and engages you
• Collaborative environment focused on your career growth and continuous professional development
• Competitive compensation and a total rewards package that focuses on all aspects of your wellbeing
• Flexibility to do impactful work and the time to enjoy your life outside of work About Cherry Bekaert
Cherry Bekaert, ranked among the largest assurance, tax and advisory firms in the U.S., serves clients across industries in all 50 U.S. states and internationally. “Cherry Bekaert” is the brand name under which Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC, independently owned entities, provide professional services in an alternative practice structure in accordance with applicable professional standards. Cherry Bekaert LLP is a licensed CPA firm that provides attest services, and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC and its subsidiary entities provide business advisory and non-attest services spanning the areas of transaction advisory, risk and accounting advisory, digital solutions, cybersecurity, tax, benefits consulting, and wealth management. For more details, visit cbh.com/disclosure.
Cherry Bekaert cares about our people. We offer competitive compensation packages based on performance that recognize the value our people bring to our clients and our Firm. The salary range for this position is $75,000 to $130,125. In addition, we offer a comprehensive, high-quality benefits program which includes annual bonus, medical, dental, and vision care; disability and life insurance; generous Paid Time Off; retirement plans; Paid Care Leave; and other programs that are dedicated to enhancing your personal and work life and providing you and your family with a measure of financial protection.
Cherry Bekaert provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Candidates must demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States. Cherry Bekaert will not provide work sponsorship for this position.
Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC are members of Allinial Global, an accountancy and business advisory global association. Visit us at cbh.com/careers and follow us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
© 2023 Cherry Bekaert. All Rights Reserved.
No agencies please. I-Scott