Job Title Data Engineer
Corporate Title Analyst
Location Cary, NC
Who we are
In short - an essential part of Deutsche Bank's technology solution, developing applications for key business areas.
Our Technologists drive Cloud, Cyber and business technology strategy while transforming it within a robust, hands-on engineering culture. Learning is a key element of our people strategy, and we have a variety of options for you to develop professionally. Our approach to the future of work champions flexibility and is rooted in the understanding that there have been dramatic shifts in the ways we work.
Having first established a presence in the Americas in the 19th century, Deutsche Bank opened its US technology center in Cary, North Carolina in 2009. Learn more about us here .
Our Technology, Data, and Innovation strategy is focused on strengthening engineering expertise, introducing an agile delivery model, as well as modernizing the Bank's Information Technology infrastructure with long-term investments and taking advantage of cloud computing. We continue to invest and build a team of visionary tech talent who will ensure we thrive in this period of unprecedented change for the industry, so we are seeking a Lead Engineer to work in the Transaction Monitoring and Data Controls team. You will be hands on technical engineer within our delivery pods and deliver software solutions. As lead engineer lead you will design software architecture and implement complex solutions, driving re-use and best practices. You will contribute to strategic design decisions and define engineering approaches that can be disruptive, with the goals of simplifying architectures, reducing technical debt.
What We Offer You
• A diverse and inclusive environment that embraces change, innovation, and collaboration
• A hybrid working model with up to 60% work from home, allowing for in-office / work from home flexibility, generous vacation, personal and volunteer days; A commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility
• Employee Resource Groups support an inclusive workplace for everyone and promote community engagement; Access to a strong network of Communities of Practice connecting you to colleagues with shared interests and values
• Competitive compensation packages including health and wellbeing benefits, retirement savings plans, parental leave, and family building benefits
• Educational resources, matching gift, and volunteer programs What You'll Do
• Build the Infrastructure required for optimal ETL and ELT tools from a variety of data sources using batch processing
• Consult on improving data reliability, efficiency, and quality
• Ensure architecture supports business requirements
• Collaborate with stakeholders to understand requirements, evaluate, and refine stories
• Design, implement, and test solutions, providing support through the production process
• Build reliable pipelines that is easy to support in production and design and develop high-quality and easily maintainable code Skills You'll Need
• Degree in Computer Sciences, Math, or engineering
• Experience building enterprise applications using Python and/or Scala and operating systems such as Unix
• Proficiency in Structure Query Language
• Experience with Apache Ecosystem, including Spark, Hive, and Hadoop
• Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools, as well as Kubernetes, Apache Airflow and monitoring tools Skills That Will Help You Excel
• Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• You enjoy supporting our community of engineers and creates opportunities for progression, promoting continuous learning and skills development Expectations
It is the Bank's expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the Cary office in accordance with the Bank's hybrid working model.
Deutsche Bank provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion.
The salary range for this position in Cary is $70,000 to $102,500. Actual salaries may be based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, a candidate's skill set, experience, education, work location and other qualifications. Posted salary ranges do not include incentive compensation or any other type of remuneration.
Deutsche Bank Values & Diversity
We believe talent is found in all cultures, countries, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs, generations, backgrounds, and experiences. We pursue a working environment where everyone can be authentic and feel a sense of belonging. Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion efforts.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Learn more about your life at Deutsche Bank through the eyes of our current employees: https://careers.db.com/life
The California Consumer Privacy Act outlines how companies can use personal information. If you are interested in receiving a copy of Deutsche Bank's California Privacy Notice, please email HR.Direct@DB.com .
Deutsche Bank Benefits
At Deutsche Bank, we recognize that our benefit programs have a profound impact on our colleagues. That's why we are focused on providing benefits and perks that enable our colleagues to live authenti-cally and be their whole selves, at every stage of life. We provide access to physical, emotional, and financial wellness benefits that allow our colleagues to stay financially secure and strike balance between work and home. Click here to learn more!
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision .