MOVING YOUR WORLD by focusing on your success:
FUCHS offers a challenging and rewarding working environment where employees are encouraged to develop and grow. We stand behind our core values: trust, creating value, respect, reliability, and integrity. Ours is a culture that fosters crea-tivity and empowerment, values work/life balance, and gives you the freedom to excel. At FUCHS we aim to nurture your capabilities, ideas and career.
Your areas of responsibility:
The Production Supervisor reports to the South Plant Manager and plays a crucial role in overseeing the production activities on 2nd Shift at the Harvey South Plant. This includes monitoring employee schedules, workloads, and daily plant production reporting back to the Plant Manager. The Production Supervisor is responsible for job floor activities and ensuring departmental Safety, Environmental, Quality, and Efficiency goals are met using best practices. This individual ensures an environment of accountability within the Production Leads and Operators with support from the Plant Manager.
Specifically, the Production Supervisor will:
- Supervise daily, weekly, and monthly activities of the South Plant. This includes, but is not limited to, daily overtime and appropriate scheduling for weekend coverage of Production Leads and Operators on 3rd shift.
- Monitor performance against goals established by the Plant Manager.
- Supervise employees to ensure compliance to Company Safety & Environmental Policies
- Supervise employees to ensure compliance to housekeeping/5S program standards.
- Supervise employees to ensure compliance to Company Standard Operating Procedures & Quality requirements
- Conducts audits of South Plant processes
- Supervises and manages Production Leads and Operator training including but not limited to Safety Training and Job Skills training
- Represent Fuchs Lubricants professionally when interacting with all employees and internal and external customers
- Act as main MFG shift contact for updates on progress of batches for other business areas
- Manage basic maintenance of equipment and facility working with maintenance, process engineers, leads and Plant Manager.
- Manage/control job floor and warehouse material inventory utilizing employees to conduct cycle counts.
- Develop Kanban levels for items needed in manufacturing to prevent loss of manufacturing time. Including parts and supplies.
- Utilizes company IT equipment such as SAP & Microsoft Office to monitor department processes, leads, operator performance, audit analysis, and additional activities as required.
- Conduct employee safety/communication/preshift meetings as required.
- Assisting in scheduling of production orders.
- Direct manufacturing employees in the production of batches and filling of containers.
- Ensure that production schedules are met.
- Audit and correct SAP movements with the process, specifically with the review of completed process orders.
- Interfacing closely with the laboratory to ensure maximum efficiency and problem resolution.
- Notifying appropriate personnel (and outside agencies if necessary) of any events which require outside support or notification.
- Conduct employee reviews including work performance, strengths and weaknesses, etc. as necessary.
- Supervises the completion of Orders in each phase of the manufacturing process.
- Support coverage for absences of peers.
- Additional job activities as directed by the Plant Manager.
- Directly supervises 8-12 employees in the Harvey South Plant.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory role required.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Maintains appropriate confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and written form using a variety of communication techniques and tools to en-sure appropriate flow of information.
- Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships; demonstrates a commitment to teamwork.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries, and/or complaints.
- SAP experience desired.
These are your benefits:
FUCHS offers a challenging and rewarding working environment where employees are encouraged to develop and grow as professionals. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on projects that will expand your experience and chal-lenge your abilities in the global marketplace. The position also offers an excellent compensation package and a com-prehensive suite of benefits.
FUCHS Lubricants Co. is an equal employment opportunity (EEO)/AA employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace (m/f/d/
Do you have any questions? Jerry Martinez (Jerry.Martinez@fuchs.com) will be more than happy to answer them!
PandoLogic. Keywords: Production Supervisor, Location: HARVEY, IL - 60426