Our Team is Kind of a Big Deal!
UniFirst is seeking a reliable and hardworking Maintenance Tech II to join our UniFirst community! As a Team Partner in the Maintenance Department, you will handle repairs, maintenance, installation and troubleshooting of industrial equipment, systems, and components. At UniFirst we have a standard Monday - Friday work week with periodic night and weekend overtime! We have an immediate opening and provide on the job training.What's in it for you?Training:
Our Team Partners receive quality skills training designed to enhance their performance and assist them with their career potential and advancement. Career Growth:
You may quickly find yourself on the fast-track to success. We are a rapidly growing company offering significant avenues for personal development and growth.Culture:
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest.Diversity:
At UniFirst, you'll find an environment packed with different cultures, personalities, and backgrounds because we believe it takes many kinds of people to make us successful.What you'll be doing:
Qualifications What we're looking for:
- Troubleshoot sources of equipment problems through observation and use of precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Assist other maintenance personnel with emergency and non-emergency repairs.
- Troubleshoot and repair Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's) and associated control systems.
- Follow blueprints, schematics, operation manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Perform boiler chemical and wastewater pre-treatment system testing, record results in logbooks / computer systems and make necessary chemical adjustments as required.
- Perform daily and weekly safety checks on boilers and make necessary repairs as required.
- Inspect motor, belts, fluid levels, replace filters and perform other maintenance actions in accordance with maintenance procedures.
- Performing basic welding activities to effect repairs on facilities and equipment.
- Inspect, clean and lubricate shafts, bearings gears and other equipment parts in accordance with work procedures and technical manual.
- Utilize a Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
- High school and/or GED is preferred.
- Two-year technical degree in an appropriate background is preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Knowledgeable in industrial maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience repairing industrial processing equipment in a production environment required. Applicable military experience will be considered.
- Must pass UniFirst's maintenance knowledge assessment to be eligible for employment.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics is required.
- Ability to read and understand maintenance literature printed in English required.
- Basic computer and Microsoft Office skills is required.
- Lockout / Tagout experience is required
- Ability to work overtime as needed is required.
Valid driver's license and a safe driving record are required.
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
The fabric of UniFirst is woven from its very unique family culture where our Team Partners enjoy a small company feel while taking advantage of the resources and stability that come with being a 1.5-billion-dollar organization.
UniFirst is an international leader in the $18 billion-dollar garment services industry. We currently employ over 13,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe. We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine's "Best Companies to Sell For" list and recognized on Forbes magazine's "Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies" list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there's never been a better time to join our team.
There's a lot to love about UniFirst, where you come first.UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@unifirst.com or call to let us know the nature of your request.
UniFirst Recruiters and/or representatives will not ask job seekers to provide personal financial information when submitting a job application. Please be vigilant as such requests for information may be fraudulent.