The Patient Transfer Center RN will evaluate, coordinate, process, screen, document patient transfers into the IU Health System, and collaborates with relevant business partners for appropriate level of care and transport of the patient into or out of the IU Health System. The incumbent will obtain appropriate medical and demographic information, and coordinate communication between the referring and receiving physicians as well as between healthcare facilities. The Patient Transfer Center RN will perform essential duties related to patient transfer/transport and will coordinate all components of patient care needs during the transfer/transport process. The Patient Transfer Center RN will efficiently engage appropriate departments in the transfer/transport processes, and will assign beds for all scheduled and unscheduled admissions including patient transfers/transports.
• Requires current State of Indiana license with a minimum of 5 years as a Registered Nurse.
• Requires a minimum of 3 years critical care, emergency department, or flight nursing experience or equivalent.
• Case management/resource management experience is a plus.
• Requires exceptional communication, listening, and written skills.
• Requires strong interpersonal and organization skills emphasizing leadership, teamwork, collaboration, and attention to detail.
• Requires excellent critical thinking skills to work autonomously and multitask effectively.
• Requires the ability to problem solve and resolve conflicts effectively in the best interest of the patient and family.
• Requires computer experience. BSN preferred. Effective 02.13.11, any RN hired must have graduated from a nursing program accredited by the ACEN or CCNE. Case management experience a plus. Requires current State of Indiana nursing license.
• Requires Basic Life Support,(BLS), Advanced Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALs) certification through the AHA. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies. v2