Under the immediate direction of the unit Director/Nurse Manager/Lead Charge or other designated clinical management as assigned, provides for the delivery of safe, effective patient care and develops expertise in the care of a specific patient population/nursing diagnosis. Registered Nurses may be trained to fulfill Charge Nurse responsibilities when assigned. The Charge Nurse Orientation and Competency will be completed prior to assuming charge duties.
MINIMAL ACCEPTABLE JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Registration/Certification/Licensure: Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse; CPR (Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation) within 3 months of hire
Experience: No specific experience required.
Education: Completion of a nursing program diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing.
JOB KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the English language, verbal and written.
- Demonstrates thorough working knowledge of multidisciplinary care planning, as well as nursing procedures, equipment utilized and strong knowledge of applicable regulations of a particular patient population, i.e., cardiac care, med-surg., etc.
- Requires strong working knowledge of the normal growth, development, related behaviors, needs, comfort, and range of treatment appropriate to the age (including neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric) and diagnosis of patient served to support the provision of an individualized interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Requires strong analytical and organizational skills necessary to perform direct patient care activities, recognize actual and potential problems, and collect data related to unit nursing care concerns.
- Requires leadership skills in order to provide constructive feedback to peers regarding nursing issues, participate in unit based decision making and support changes made.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written in order to establish and maintain positive therapeutic/working relationships with all internal and external unit customers, as needed.
Why Choose Us
At Lutheran Hospital, we recognize the importance of specialized skills and tailored training in each department. Our nurses' dedication to patients, families, and the community sets us apart. We offer competitive packages, including sign-on bonuses, relocation assistance, tuition reimbursement, and student loan repayment options.
- New Grads: Thrive in our Nurse Residency program, designed to provide a supportive environment for your transition into the nursing profession.
- Experienced RNs: Advance your career through our Clinical Advancement Program, showcasing your expertise and leadership capabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Lutheran Hospital is an equal opportunity employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences.
Join Our Team:
If you are a dedicated RN seeking an opportunity to make a difference and grow professionally, apply today! We offer full-time, part-time, and PRN positions that cater to various schedules. Take the first step toward a fulfilling career with us.