Space Planner – United Kingdom
Located: London, UK
Hybrid working with 3 days expected in London Head Office
Package: £45,000 - £52,000 + 12% Bonus
SPE Connect are recruiting for a Global QSR brand for a Space Planner to help
with their continued success by updating and evolving current and new units.
About the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Space Planner to support the company's
EMEA team, this role will be based in our London office.
The Space Planner will work to support our Development Team.
Reporting to the Sr. Restaurant Design Manager is the primary design liaison between head
office and the franchise restaurant estate. They are responsible for designing floor plans for all
new, relocating, and remodeled restaurants in all markets. They will also manage the flow,
prioritisation, design review and distribution of all design project requests.
- Daily management of assigned territories within specific regions to be a single point
- Receiving and logging all design requests and facilitating day to day communications
- A tracking log of work pending status will be maintained at all times that indicates all
pending drawings that need to be completed as well as when that work was completed
and sent to the field
- At the end of each business day, work completed by the Space Planner
will be documented, identifying which jobs were completed so that they can be
tracked accordingly in the company’s data systems
- Utilise the current design software to create site specific floor plans that adhere to the
company’s determined design and décor criteria for new locations and relocations.
Designing remodels only upon assignment and urgent request.
- Space Planner will maintain an acceptable turnaround time on all floor
plan requests and if unable to achieve an acceptable turnaround they will seek
assistance through provided resources within the department
- Support regional projects such as such roll-out new design concept, new operating
model, implementation of new equipment or technology, etc.
- Design exterior mock-ups of existing buildings upon request utilizing Adobe Creative
Cloud software products
- Provide guidance on implementing the brand trade dress including call outs for exterior
materials and finishes as well as signage
- Space Planner will be available to their assigned Franchisees to assist
with any questions that may arise during the planning and subsequent building process
as it relates to the design and décor of the restaurant in question
·Associate degree in interior design, Architecture or Graphic Design
·Certificate of Revit/AutoCAD training
·2-6 years’ experience in Interior Design or Architecture
·High proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and
·Expert knowledge of 3D design software. Essential to communicate design concepts. Required
software expertise in Revit and AutoCAD, SketchUp, 3ds Max are a plus
·Thorough knowledge in the areas of architectural design
·Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the company in a tactful and diplomatic way
What is on offer?
·Pension, medical and life insurance reimbursements
·Employee Resource Groups