The purpose of this position is to perform general labor for the setup and cleanup of the Indiana State Fairgrounds and its events.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Set up and clean up event venues before and after events. Duties include setting up and taking down tables, chairs, staging and livestock stalls and pens.
2. Maintain general cleanliness of facilities. Duties include keeping the Fairgrounds and its buildings free of trash and debris, mowing grass, weed-eating and other landscaping duties, and removing snow.
1. Maintain high quality of work: Able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines; does work right the first time.
2. Good attention to detail: Able to follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in project completion.
3. High energy level: Responds well to demands on time and generally works at a brisk pace; is able to multi-task and is motivated to work.
· Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors regardless of conditions.
Work requires performance of a variety of operations of a recurring nature.
This position will receive supervision from the Associate Director of the Operations and the Senior Director of Facility Operations. Actions are clearly specified and directed by the supervisor or by procedures. The supervisor assigns and reviews work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class. The starting rate for this full-time, benefited position is $15.00 per hour.