An exciting career awaits you
At MPC, we’re committed to being a great place to work – one that welcomes new ideas, encourages diverse perspectives, develops our people, and fosters a collaborative team environment.
Marathon Petroleum Company LP (MPC) has positions available for professional Fuel/Hazardous (OVER THE ROAD) transport drivers both tank truck/trailer or tractor/trailer (Roll Off) to be based in Indianapolis, IN. Our drivers are responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of petroleum products to regional terminals, refineries, and various other locations. Transport drivers independently follow specified policies, procedures, and standards, under the general supervision of local fleet management.
· Competitive pay
· Insurance: Health/Dental/Vision coverage available day 1
· Retirement: 401k with company match up to 7%
· Pension: Company funded pension plan up to 11%
· Annual bonus: Eligible for company sponsored annual bonus
· Paid parental leave
· Education reimbursement
- For full benefit details visit
· Active Class A Commercial Driver's License
- Must maintain a satisfactory driving record and provide consent to company for review of driving record(s).
- Must register with FMCSA Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and provide consent to company for review of clearinghouse records.
- Must be able to drive interstate.
· License – Restrictions
- Active CDL Endorsements: Hazardous Materials and Tank Vehicle (Required)
· Must be able to work up to a 12-hour AM/PM shift.
· Must be able to work hours beyond schedule
· Perform pre-trip inspection on equipment in alignment with MPC policy and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Check tank truck/trailer or tractor/trailer (Roll Off) for general operating requirements and make sure that all required equipment is available and in good operating condition. Note inspection and deficiencies on the pre-trip inspection form.
· Drive a tank truck/trailer or tractor/trailer to transport product in a safe, efficient, and professional manner. Obey all applicable federal, state and local laws. Follow MPC and site specific standard operating procedures for the loading and offloading process.
· Perform post-trip inspection on equipment in alignment with MPC policy and DOT regulations. Complete all regulatory and customary paperwork. Ensure equipment is ready for the next shift.
· Communicate all incidents, including safety and environmental concerns, according to company procedures.
· Report all equipment issues in a timely manner.
· Follow, maintain, and adhere to all safety rules and operating procedures, including all DOT regulations.
Physical Requirements Include
· Must be able to work outside in all types of weather conditions.
· Must be able to work on elevated spaces: 30+ feet on graded elevation.
· Must be able to frequently lift, carry, push, and/or pull 50-65 lbs.
· Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to grip a steering wheel for extended periods of time.
· Must maintain a satisfactory driving record and provide consent to company for review of driving record(s).
· Must pass required drug and alcohol screening(s).
· Must complete DOT physical and maintain current medical card.
· Must pass three-year DOT safety background check and seven-year criminal background check.
· Must pass pre-trip exam and road test to demonstrate proficiency operating required equipment.
As an energy industry leader, our career opportunities fuel personal and professional growth.
Job Requisition ID:
1304 Olin Ave
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, reproductive health decision-making, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenshipor any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at . Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.Marathon Petroleum offers a total rewards program which includes, but is not limited to, access to health, vision, and dental insurance, paid time off, 401k matching program, paid parental leave, and educational reimbursement. Detailed benefit information is available at .The hired candidate will also be eligible for a discretionary company-sponsored annual bonus program.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability