Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system at UChicago Medicine as an Assistant Director of Ambulatory Operations for OBGYN, Fetal and Neonatal Care, Genetics and Imaging teamin Hyde Park. The Assistant Regional Director is responsible for the overall leadership and direction of all OBGYN Fetal and Neonatal Care, Genetics and Imaging within the UCMC network. This position is responsible for carrying out the vision and strategic plan for off campus OBGYN activity as established by OBGYN leadership.
In addition to providing operational oversight, this individual will be a key collaborator with the relevant departments and a thought leader in quality and safety, coordination of care across the continuum of UCM, use of technological tools and solutions, metrics reporting, customer service, and process improvement
The Assistant Regional Director is responsible for instilling, facilitating, promoting, and mofeling a leadership philosophy and style consistent with UCM's PRIDE Values.
Essential Job Functions
- Facilitates development of new programs to meet the organization's strategic growth initiatives. This includes development of opportunities to capture operational efficiencies and quality improvement within the UCM system.
- Ensure all departments at all locations operate in accordance with hospital policies and all authorities with jurisdiction. This includes, but is no limited to: TJC, CMS, IDPH, OSHA, and IEMA.
- Assures performance improvement, risk management and patient safety functions are developed, evaluated, maintained and integrated throughout areas of responsbility.
- Develops and monitors the operating and capital budgets for each practice.
- Coaches and empowers all staff to meet all clinical and non-clinical responsibilities.
- Participates in problem solving activities in conjunction with site leaders, Ingalls and Hyde Park HVIC leaders, and other staff across the organization.
- Fosters and facilities collaborative relationships with service line leaders and providers.
- Ensures employee engagement and patient engagement scores meet organizational goals.
- Responsible for development of quality standards and all QI related activities meet UCM related activities meet UCM OBGYN, Fetal and Neonatal Care, Genetrics and Imaging standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree healthcare related field required, Master’s degree in healthcare related field such as Healthcare Administration or MBA preferred.
- 7-10+ years of progressive experience overseeing operations in a high-functioning, multispecialty ambulatory practice framework with demonstrated ability to work effectively with physician leaders, preferably in an academic medical center environment.
- Exceptional talent in the selection and mentoring of a high-quality, effective management team.
- Significant experience in effectively working with multiple stakeholders, navigating conflict, and establishing collaborative resolution
- Comfortable in working in highly matrixed environment
- Proven ability to lead change, organize teams, and delegate responsibility appropriately.
- Proven ability to use data to drive performance improvement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using LEAN for performance Improvement is desirable
- ARDMS credentialing preferred
- Genetic Counseling Certification (MS, CGC) preferred
- Administrative experience with running a Fetal Care Center desired
- Job Type/FTE: Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
- Shift: Day
- Unit/Department: OBGYN Fetal and Neonatal Care, Genetics and Imaging
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Must comply with UCMC’s COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.