Hiring Pay Range:$94,450 - $118,060
The Associate Vice President of Enrollment Management (AVP) will actively collaborate with faculty, staff, and administration in the design, development, marketing, and implementation of programs and services that enhance student success and retention. The AVP maintains awareness of and cultivates college and community resources to enhance the academic and personal success of students. Departments include but are not limited to Admissions, Student Success, Career Services, Financial Aid, Registration and Records, and Disability Services.
The AVP of Enrollment Managementis responsible forleading the strategic enrollment management initiatives byoverseeing the daily operations and functions that support strengthening student enrollment and increasing student retention, and completion and identifying barriers to student success. Operational responsibilities include budget management; program assessment and planning; hiring, training, supervision of administrative professionals and staff employees;outreach; record keeping; and all other related duties.The AVP is responsible for overseeing coaching and early intervention programs forCasper College students, especially within certain identified and targeted groups. These responsibilities may include academic, career, disability, personal, and crisis counseling services; in-class workshops; placement; support services for academic advising. This position reports to the Vice President of Student Services.
- Strategic Enrollment Management
- Design, implement, and maintain a comprehensive strategic enrollment management plan.
- Develop and implement, in collaboration with faculty, administration and staff, comprehensive and aggressive recruitment and marketing strategies and activities to achieve the College’s student enrollment and diversity goals.
- Targeted Students
- Provide individual and group services to enhance the academic and personal success of identified/targeted populations.
- Make identified/targeted student populations aware of college and community resources.
- Develop an information and support network for identified/targeted student populations.
- Advocate for college policies, programs and services that are friendly to identified/targeted student populations.
- Academic Planning
- Ensure collaboration and access for students and prospective students with class placement, testing, and information about campus resources, admission, financial aid, and registration procedures.
- Collaborate with community and social service agencies, as well as individuals and foundations that provide support, assistance and encouragement for identified/ targeted student populations to obtain an education.
- Career Services
- Oversee on- and off-campus student and employer registration and referral systems and procedures.
- Ensure career counseling services are available.
- Cultivate mutually beneficial relationships with community groups, human service agencies, foundations, government entities and the general business community.
- Solicit employment and career opportunities from public and private employers.
- Outreach Programming
- Assist with the development, marketing and implementation of student success programs based on an understanding of student retention program trends.
- Provide training and workshops for students and other constituencies on topic areas related to academic and personal success to a variety of groups and classrooms.Areas will include but are not limited to: student success, career exploration, choosing a major, academic planning, job search, test anxiety, stress management, time management, and mental health.
- Professional Development
- Maintain involvement with on-going professional development activities and organizations.
- Provide professional development opportunities to staff.
- Record Keeping
- Maintain accurate notes and time logs of students seen and duties performed, maintain program usage statistics, and analyze data toward improvement of services and student outcomes.
- Student Services and Casper College Activities
- Participate in the Student Services Division and Directors activities.
- Support the broader mission of the College and Student Services by attending division meetings and sharing responsibilities for various committees and projects on campus; serve on various professional committees in the community and state.
- Collaborate with faculty in order to build relationships which improve student success.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Student Services
Typical work environment is an office setting requiring normal safety precautions. Non-routine occasional work may be spent around the community and various locations on campus. Short periods of time will be spent outdoors traveling between campus buildings in various weather conditions. Work is usually performed during the normal workday; however, early morning, late evening, and weekend work may be required.Occasional travel will be required. The noise level is usually minimal.This position frequently works with the public.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time, speak, hear, use hands and fingers to handle materials, and use computers, feel, and reach with hands and arms.Periods of extended walking may be experienced during campus events (job fairs and student events).Occasional lifting of up to 10 pounds may be required. Less frequent lifting of up to 25 pounds may be required (office supplies, paper boxes, etc.).Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Master’s degree
- Working knowledge of Strategic Enrollment Management
- Four years of experience in Enrollment Management, Admissions, Career Development, Student Success, Academic Advising, Financial Aid or related field
- Computer proficiency; experience with integrated systems desirable
- Three to five years of supervisory experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate, organize, and effectively lead a department
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to foster cooperative work environment
- Understanding and commitment to the mission of a comprehensive community college
- Knowledge of:
- FERPA rules and regulations
- Customer service practices
- Word processing, spreadsheets, database, document imaging, customer relationship management (CRM) and other related software application
- Ability to:
- Maintain high degree of confidentiality
- Consistently apply good customer service skills
- Occasionally travel
- Work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Effectively organize and prioritize assigned work
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other people
- Experience developing and working a strategic enrollment management plan and showing desired results
- Experience in marketing and communication principles
- Experience with goal setting and strategic planning
Apply by January 31, 2024, and include the following
- Application, complete with 5 references
- CV or Résumé
- Cover Letter
- Philosophy of Leadership Statement
- Copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcripts required upon employment)
Note to Candidates
- Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Official transcripts required upon hire.