A professional nurse is an individual accountable for the care of a group of patients. The Registered Nurse (RN) focuses on safe effective patient and family centered care, customer satisfaction and quality outcomes. The RN is responsible for assisting in maintaining a financially stable unit, promoting his/her own development with an emphasis on evidence based practice and education supported by a Practice Governance framework. The RN supervises licensed and non-licensed staff members. Applying the caring processes of the Kristin M. Swanson Model of Care, the RN has the responsibility to assess, develop, implement and evaluate the plan of care. The RN focuses on patient and family comforts, education and satisfaction. The RN applies his/her educational and professional experiences in the delivery of quality care and mentoring/precepting staff.
Discover a healthcare career designed with you in mind at Norton Healthcare. Whether you are an upcoming New Graduate RN pursuing an ADN or BSN or are an Experienced RN, the Norton Healthcare team will walk you through career opportunities and pathways. We invite you to learn more about what it means to be a part of the Norton Healthcare family through our interactive Zoom information sessions:
For New Graduate RNs, click here to sign up for a zoom session.
As an employee, you will have access to a variety of programs to enhance your experience and well-being, including learning and career growth opportunities, an employee wellness program, employee resource groups, and volunteer opportunities. You may also be eligible for various hiring programs:
- Student Loan Repayment or Tuition Assistance to aid with school costs.
- Relocation Assistance to help with making the Louisville area your new home.
- Commuter Program for those who don’t need or want to move to start a great career.
- Return Home Program for those who are interested in rejoining our team.
- Employee Referral Bonus to support your networking and help others join our team.
- Comprehensive Benefits to choose from to support your needs.
- Norton Clinical Agency where experienced nurses can earn additional pay incentives by taking assignments across the organization.
Norton Healthcare’s Institute for Education & Development supports new nurses during their first residency year, as well as providing education resources for all years of experienced nurses. The Norton Healthcare Center for Nursing Practice provides up-to-date education through “Plugged In to Nursing”, a real-time resource that captures why being connected to our Norton Healthcare goals is so important for learning and growth.
Apply to this job posting, email us at Recruitment@nortonhealthcare.org, or call us at 1-800-833-7975 for questions and next steps. Qualifications
- Diploma or Associate Nursing
- Registered Nurse (IN)