Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Full Time, Nights Position in the Emergency Department at Northwest Health - Porter Hospital
- Full time: 36 hours per week, 12 hour shifts
- Hours: 7p-7a
- Eligible for health benefits, which can include your spouse and/or children
Join a patient centered team committed to not only supporting our patients but each other! Compassionate Caring is our Calling
About this unit:
Northwest Health - Porter has three of the largest emergency departments in the region, offering emergency services 24/7. As an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Primary Stroke Center, nurses in this unit can expect to work closely with first responders and heart and vascular specialists to deliver fast, efficient care.
- 30 bed unit, multi-functional treatment rooms for patients with varied conditions.
- A continued commitment to keep wait times to a minimum through the 30-Minutes-Or-Less
- Nurses may provide care for everything from cuts and broken bones to life-threatening conditions such as heart attack or stroke.
Why should you join us?
Northwest Health - includes two hospital campuses as well as outpatient facilities serving Northwest Indiana. Porter Hospital has won numerous awards including the Heart Failure – Gold Plus and Stroke Treatment Silver awards by the American Heart Association. For continuing education, local colleges and universities such as Purdue, Indiana University, Valparaiso and more are easily accessible.
- Completion of a practical nursing program from an accredited school of nursing
- Current IN LPN License
- BLS certification within 30 days of hire
The LPN can administer medications after successful completion of the medication test and competencies, including High Alert Medications listed per policy.
- The LPN can safely administer blood products with RN blood product initial
- The LPN will have RN oversight of daily functions.
- The RN will sign off LPN documentation for verification and agreement by the end of each shift.
- All patients have an Admission Assessment completed by The LPN will contribute to patient assessments. See LPN Core Competencies for additional details.
- The LPNs can contribute to patient care plans in collaboration with the RN.
- LPNs may perform nursing tasks for which they have received training and/or competency Examples (not all inclusive):
- Skin assessment and Braden Score
- Fall Score calculation
- Reinforcement of patient/family
- Patient Handoffs (New patients and/or post procedure)
- Restraints documentation
- Delegation of Patient Care Responsibilities and Task