Registered Nurse (RN) Part Time, Days Position in the Valparaiso Campus Freestanding ED
- Part-time: 24 hours per week, 12 hour shifts
- Hours: 7a-7p
Join a patient centered team committed to not only supporting our patients but each other! Compassionate Caring is our Calling
About this unit:
As an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Primary Stroke Center, nurses in this unit can expect to work closely with first responders and heart and vascular specialists to deliver fast, efficient care.
- Freestanding Emergency Department at the Valparaiso Medical Center Campus: 2000 ROOSEVELT ROAD
VALPARAISO, IN 46383, USA
- A continued commitment to keep wait times to a minimum through the 30-Minutes-Or-Less
- Nurses may provide care for everything from cuts and broken bones to life-threatening conditions such as heart attack or stroke.
Why should you join us?
Northwest Health - includes two hospital campuses as well as outpatient facilities serving Northwest Indiana. Porter Hospital has won numerous awards including the Heart Failure – Gold Plus and Stroke Treatment Silver awards by the American Heart Association. For continuing education, local colleges and universities such as Purdue, Indiana University, Valparaiso and more are easily accessible.
- Successful completion of drug screen
- Employment background check
Porter Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, disability, veteran status or national origin.
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN/ASN) required, BSN preferred.
Licensure & Certification:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Indiana.
- BLS certification must be maintained while in this position
- ACLS certification within 12 months of being hired