“So Every Generation Prospers” is Temasek’s purpose statement which serves as a single, unifying pledge that encapsulates our reasons for being who we are, and why we do what we do. As a generational investor, we are focused on long-term sustainable returns, with a spirit of doing things today with tomorrow in mind. As a firm, what differentiates us is our commitment to Do Well, determination to Do Right and inspiration to Do Good. We are constantly building new capabilities and fostering an innovative mindset and culture. Sustainability remains at our core – we need to act now to deliver a better, more inclusive, and resilient future for all.
Temasek is a global investment company headquartered in Singapore with a portfolio value of US$287 billion, spanning across a myriad of private and public listed companies as well as diverse industry sectors.
Associate Internship Programme
The Temasek Associate Internship Programme is a structured 12-week summer programme for penultimate year students. You will be working closely with one of our teams in the Investment Group in either New York or San Francisco and be fully immersed in the Temasek culture.
Designed to nurture young talents, our comprehensive training programme will help you develop highly relevant skills and knowledge that you will be able to apply throughout your internship, with key responsibilities and opportunities including:
• Potential involvement in investment projects and ongoing transactions with your team
• Conduct comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research
• Exposure to investment processes and network of industry relationships
• Networking events to build meaningful connections with fellow senior management, colleagues and interns
• Structured training sessions ranging from technical skills to soft skills
We believe in providing ongoing performance feedback and evaluations to facilitate your continuous development, and we aim for this to culminate in your conversion to join us as a full-time Associate in summer 2026.
Who We’re Looking For - Requirements and Qualities
We are accepting applications from undergraduate or postgraduate student (with no full-time working experience) graduating in winter 2025 / summer 2026 with the following qualities:
• Passionate about investing and curious to expand your knowledge about the investment world
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to effectively formulate and articulate opinions
• High level of interpersonal, presentation and written communication skills
• Ability to work well within diverse teams and collaborate across multiple stakeholders
• Well organised with good time-management skills and able to manage multiple priorities
• Intellectual curiosity and ability to use initiative
• Self-starter, driven and motivated, and embraces the Temasek MERITT Values
…then you might be just who we’re looking for!
We welcome applicants from every degree subject. There will be additional financial training if you join with a non-finance background (e.g. Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) - so you can be assured that you will have a good foundation before kickstarting your internship journey.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, without requiring sponsorship for employment visa.
24 March 2024, Sunday
We encourage you to apply early, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and programmes may close as positions are filled.
We welcome you to visit our website (www.temasek.com.sg) to find out more about our company, our portfolio, as well as recruitment events and opportunities.