Join a world-class academic healthcare system, UChicago Medicine as an Preop/PACU RN (Crown Point) in our Amubulatory Surgery Center!
UChicago Medicine is an integrated academic and community health system with multiple primary medical facilities within the surrounding suburbs of Chicago and Northwest Indiana.
The Preop/PACU RN works under the direction of the OR Charge RN/Nurse Manager and is responsible for pre-admission, preoperative and postoperative care of the patient, directs professional and other health care personnel in the delivery of nursing care to the surgical patients; provides patient education; complies with standards, policies, procedures; supports the vision and mission of Ingalls Ambulatory Surgery Center. The position will have a wide range of access to protected health information ("PHI") and understands the importance of confidentiality regarding all patient information pursuant to HIPAA policies and procedures.
Primary Job Functions:
- Collaborates closely with physicians to assess, design, coordinate, implement and evaluate the patients’ plan of care and the patients’ outcomes.
- Demonstrates the necessary skills and knowledge to provide complex nursing skills and delegates tasks to other Care Team members according to unit specific competencies as appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Performs nursing duties, documents in electronic medical records.
- Participate in suite turnover/cleaning and patient transportation.
- Pre-admission screening phones calls, medical history review, providing patient instructions and post discharge phone calls.
- Maintains effective communication and a working relationship with patients, families, physicians, co-workers, management and ancillary departments, and acts as a preceptor.
- Responsible for safe administration of medications, performing waived lab testing.
- Participates in huddles, staff meetings and check email at least once a month.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with an active License
- Bachelors of Sciences in Nursing is preferred
- Minimum 1 year of critical care nursing experience
- Computer literacy (knowledge of EPIC is preferred)
- Ability to plan and lead clinical operations as member of a management team.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Job Type/FTE: Registry (.1 FTE)
- Shift: Days
- Unit/Department: Operating Room
- CBA Code:Non-Union
Must comply with UCMC’s COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Why Join Us
We’ve been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We’re in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you’d like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we’re doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.