Founded in 2008, Legends is a premium experiences company with more than 1,500 full-time and 30,000 seasonal team members globally. Legends has six divisions operating worldwide - Global Planning, Global Sales, Hospitality, Global Partnerships, Global Merchandise, and Global Technology Solutions - offering clients and partners a 360-degree service solution platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment.
LEGENDS GLOBAL MERCHANDISE
Recognized leaders in retail and merchandising worldwide, Legends Global Merchandise provides a fully customized, customer-centric, omnichannel shopping experience for fans. Our vertical service solution allows us to provide the latest trends, styles, designs, and brand collaborations across different categories. For in-venue, e-commerce and pop-up operations, Legends sets the standard when it comes to a unique shopping experience. We pride ourselves in creating a customized portfolio of inventory based on each property, and operating as a true extension of each client’s brand. Different guests want different things, and we are here to build and provide a tailored retail experience.
The Buyer is responsible for the development, sourcing, procurement, and maintenance of merchandise and/or corporate fulfillment products by performing the following duties.
- Procures classifications of merchandise, corporate fulfillment and/or custom products by working with internal team to develop and source product
- Must understand and have experience in vertical buying and procurement
- Negotiate with vendors regarding cost of goods sold, terms, freight, etc.
- Manages stock and inventory levels by re-ordering, maintaining or discontinuing products and communicating that information to others.
- Manage Program Coordinator; assigning daily tasks, yearly goals etc.
- Must be able to travel to events as needed
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or equivalent
- 3 years minimum buying experience; retail buying preferred
- This position requires that the person be highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must have strong negotiating skills and understand how important managing and increasing margins are to the bottom line
COMPENSATION: 60k Annually
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear; use hands to finger, and handle controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.