Founded in 2008, Legends is a premium experiences company with six divisions operating worldwide – Global Planning, Global Sales, Global Partnerships, Hospitality, Global Merchandise, and Global Technology Solutions – offering clients and partners a 360-degree data and analytics fueled service solution platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning, and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment. For more information, visit www.Legends.net and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @TheLegendsWay.
LEGENDS GLOBAL MERCHANDISE
Recognized leaders in retail and merchandising worldwide, Legends Global Merchandise provides a fully customized, customer-centric, omnichannel shopping experience for fans. Our vertical service solution allows us to provide the latest trends, styles, designs, and brand collaborations across different categories. For in-venue, e-commerce and pop-up operations, Legends sets the standard when it comes to a unique shopping experience. We pride ourselves in creating a customized portfolio of inventory based on each property, and operating as a true extension of each client’s brand. Different guests want different things, and we are here to build and provide a tailored retail experience.
The Director of Merchandise-Soccer will be responsible for leading the Strategic Business Unit (SBU) in the development, sales, sourcing, and maintenance of merchandise and corporate relationships.
- Lead a team of 3 or more employees, or SBU, in the management of numerous business lines.
- Oversee all members on the team to ensure all aspects are being covered to produce the greatest results.
- Work with the marketing and E-commerce department to increase sales and support for business lines.
- Negotiate and manage all contracts that are necessary for business lines under the team’s responsibilities.
- Responsible for increasing sales and margin. All retail prices must have enough margin to cover royalties and all attributed overhead.
- Manage all financials related to those lines of business including stock and inventory levels, net income for the team will be the primary measurement of success for this position.
- Prepare a budget, income statements, balance sheets and capital expenditure requests.
- Handle all facets of any onsite retail locations; from buying and planning to operations and maintenance. Ensure that all team members practice TCE and maintain all merchandise standards.
- Develop new business opportunities by aggressively seeking new customers and further developing existing ones.
- Position requires spending long hours sitting using computers.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds when setting up/tearing down event locations and participate in the team’s inventory.
- Supervises all Team members by assigning and directing work.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or equivalent from four-year College.
- Six to eight years of industry related experience.
- Personnel management experience required.
- Needs to be a highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently.
- Must have strong leadership skills; with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must inspire team members to success.
- Serves as the “coach” to ensure all team members are working as a unit with the same defined goal.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Must possess strong problem solving and communication skills and have good judgment.
- Manages expenses to achieve budgeted bottom line
- Knowledge of Legends Global Merchandise and department operations (including understanding company and department policies, processes and procedures).
- Must have strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, PowerPoint and comfortable use of Internet is necessary. Ability to travel to team’s events
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
Location: On Site
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear; use hands to finger, and handle controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.