Founded in 2008, Legends is a premium experiences company with more than 1,500 full-time and 30,000 seasonal team members globally. Legends has six divisions operating worldwide - Global Planning, Global Sales, Hospitality, Global Partnerships, Global Merchandise, and Global Technology Solutions - offering clients and partners a 360-degree service solution platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment.
LEGENDS GLOBAL MERCHANDISE
Recognized leaders in retail and merchandising worldwide, Legends Global Merchandise provides a fully customized, customer-centric, omnichannel shopping experience for fans. Our vertical service solution allows us to provide the latest trends, styles, designs, and brand collaborations across different categories. For in-venue, e-commerce and pop-up operations, Legends sets the standard when it comes to a unique shopping experience. We pride ourselves in creating a customized portfolio of inventory based on each property, and operating as a true extension of each client’s brand. Different guests want different things, and we are here to build and provide a tailored retail experience.
Assists with sales and operational activities of workers engaged in onsite merchandise sales and set-up of the necessary equipment to service events with multiple sales locations. The Assistant Event Manager assists the Event Manager in all planning, preparation, execution, and reverse logistics of each event from concept to delivery.
• Assist Event Manager from concept to delivery for each of our partners retail sales operations around the country.
• Work closely with the partner and Event Manager to ensure we are meeting and exceeding expectations all the way through the contractual agreement.
• Communicates sales information, customer requests, etc. to Merchandise and Partnerships team.
• Plan event logistics including but not limited to: event schedule (prep, set-up, during, and conclusion), travel and hotel, money management, staffing requirements, site maps, permitting (sales, tax, fire, building, etc.).
• Co-analyzes sales figures to identify areas of strength and opportunities for improvement.
• Identifies and advises implementation of updated and development improvements. This includes updating training policies and procedures as needed.
• Assists Event Manager in direction and coordination of merchandise for other event/locations, as deemed necessary.
• Lead the inventory check-in process for the merchandise locations at the beginning of the events. This process will take place at LGM or on-site at the event/venue.
• Assist in merchandising locations such as trailers, kiosks or stadium stores to prepare them for up-and-coming events. Follow the lead for the Merchandise team on plannograms, templates, visual displays, pricing etc.
• Responsible for executing the direction and coordination of merchandise activities for LGM store locations, including: set-up, sales operations, tear-down, and staffing personnel.
• Oversee proper display of all merchandise in all sales locations.
• Hire and manage any/all extra support staff to assure maximization of sales at events (assist Event Manager with these duties when not in the lead role).
• Oversee security measures of all sales locations, during business hours and after.
• Maintain inventory control measures ensuring we are fully stocked throughout the event to maximize sales.
• Perform a physical inventory of all sales locations at the conclusion of the event when required.
• Be accountable for all product shrinkage (lost, damage, stolen) from all sales locations during the course of the event.
• Assist in loading and unloading merchandise prior to, during, and at the conclusion of an event.
• Oversee the packing of merchandise and displays of all sales locations for transportation at the conclusion of the event (assist Event Manager with these duties when not in the lead role).
• Assist with and oversee the transferring and recording of merchandise during events.
• Assist with merchandise sales during the event when necessary.
• Oversee the capturing of all sales records (assist Event Manager with these duties when not in the lead role).
• Oversee the collection of cash/credit card receipts from all sales locations, keeping a watchful eye on sales trends (assist the Event Manager with these duties when not in the lead role).
• Balance all funds collected at the event in which he/she manages, as well as, deposit the funds in the proper bank account at the conclusion of each business day (assist the Event Manager with these duties when not in the lead role).
• Attend events as needed. Will be present throughout the duration of the event (including returning for the completion of the event in cases where inclement weather conditions prevent from completing on the scheduled days).
• Adhere to and enforce Legends’ policies and procedures with all event staff both full-time and temporary
• Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Associates or four-year college degree in business, management or related field, is preferred.
• Two-four years industry experience required.
• Three to five years retail sales and cash management experience needed.
• Personnel management experience needed.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• This position requires that the person be highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently.
• Must have strong leadership skills, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage people.
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
• Must be able to travel 30-35 weeks/weekends throughout the year, an average of 8-9 days per event. Be comfortable driving solo or with a team.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
• Must be a team player.
• Ability to speak effectively to event personnel and Legends management.
• Basic knowledge of word processing, e-mail/Internet software and Excel Spreadsheet software.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.