Nothing is more powerful and gratifying than being a part of something bigger than yourself. Bring your dedicated purpose and undeniable passion to the Indianapolis Colts: we are on a journey to build the best organization in football. People are our greatest assets and we’re looking for our next MVP.
The Indianapolis Colts are seeking a full-time Community Impact (CI) Intern to help us run our community relations operations during peak times: May 2024 through end of the football season. You will be integrally contributing as a Colts team member, and we will offer you real hands-on work experience and developmental learning opportunities.
The Indianapolis Colts CI Intern will provide administrative and logistical support for the development and execution of all day-to-day operations. This position aims to enhance the team’s presence within the community and support the organization’s overall mission: To Entertain, Inspire and Unite by Winning the Right Way. The CI team is committed to improving the lives of our fellow Hoosiers by building a healthy, inclusive and compassionate community through meaningful outreach, projects and partnerships.
The CI Intern’s responsibilities will cross over into all areas of the Colts commercial operations, and will be expected to perform their duties collaboratively, as assigned by Colt's business heads throughout the pre-season and during the football season.
The CI Intern’s responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Work with Community Impact Manager and Community Impact Coordinator on the planning and execution of NFL Initiatives such as: Crucial Catch, Salute to Service, Inspire Change, etc.
- Assist with the planning, promotion and execution of player appearances and community events
- Assist with overall development and daily updates to @ColtsCommunity social media accounts highlighting community, team and player efforts
- Fulfill all charitable donations (in-kind and financial) through the Community Impact online donation program
- Assist with community game day operations including: 50/50 Raffle Program, Community Ticket Block, Special Consideration Visits and Game Day Collections and Special Consideration visits
- Manage and conduct inventory of all Community Impact storage areas
- Assist with day-to-day communication including Colts.com requests, e-mail, phone calls, mail and special requests
- Track media coverage and associated value for each community event
- Write and submit updates and content for the community section of Colts.com website, gameday Scout program, etc.
- Work with other internal departments on various special projects throughout the season including, but not limited to, Kicking the Stigmas programming, Youth Football programming, Training Camp, Colts in Motion, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a graduation date by May 2024
- Legally authorized to work full-time in the United States for the duration of the internship
- Live within driving distance of the greater Indianapolis area for the duration of the internship
- Experience working in live events or in venue operations
- Detail-oriented and organized; flexible with the ability to multi-task
- Highly motivated and passionate about working in sports
- General social media and digital marketing skills
- Excellent communicator with strong customer service and computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and move objects up to 40 pounds
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to drive a company vehicle
- Available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
Responsibilities and qualifications may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.