POSITION TITLE: Corporate Accountant, IMS
REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager, IMS
POSITION LOCATION: Indianapolis, IN
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
WORKER CATEGORY: Full-Time
Penske Entertainment is a leading provider of world-class sports and entertainment. The organization consists of three prominent entities:
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway is the world’s largest spectator sporting facility and annually hosts the world’s most prestigious auto race: the Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge.
- INDYCAR is the Indianapolis-based governing body for North America's premier open-wheel auto racing series, the NTT INDYCAR SERIES, and its developmental series, INDY NXT by Firestone.
- IMS Productions is a multifaceted broadcast and multimedia division that helps bring INDYCAR and IMS events to life for global audiences.
The Penske Entertainment experience is fast-paced, diverse and impactful. Through its business units, the organization reaches audiences on an international scale, focused on delivering exceptional experience from start to finish. Employees of Penske Entertainment are challenged daily in a demanding, yet rewarding environment that is best suited for dedicated professionals who want to reach their ultimate potential amid the excitement, tradition, and pageantry of the World’s Greatest Race Course and the premier open-wheel racing series.
The Corporate Accountant works alongside the departments in developing their annual plan and monthly forecasts as well as daily accounting needs. The individual will assist in the monthly reporting as well as financial planning and forecasting processes and will proactively seek ways to improve processes and efficiencies in all areas of their responsibility.
Accounting and Month End Close Responsibilities
- Prepare accruals and reconciliations to assist with month-end close
- Assist in managing and maintaining the general ledger and chart of accounts
- Assist with the year-end audit
- Prepare/review weekly spend analysis
- Assist the Accounting Manager with creation of monthly reporting packets with an emphasis on insightful reporting of key business drivers and trends
- Review detailed financials monthly. Meet with department heads monthly to review and document cause of unplanned variances
- Prepare event financial statements and settlements
Planning and Forecasting
- Assist in managing the planning/forecasting system and processes
- Assists with the financial analysis of key business operations and metrics
- Utilize financial concepts to identify opportunities to improve financial results
- Identify and monitor key business operating metrics to ensure successful value creation
- This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities at this time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in accounting
- Innovative thinker and self-starter
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and follow up on tasks and perform multiple responsibilities efficiently and accurately at the same time
- Knowledge and experience in US GAAP
- Experience with financial and management reporting
- Strong analytical skills with keen attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to deliver results while working under time pressure or on multiple assignments
- Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint; experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP and Adaptive a plus
- High integrity and confidentiality
- Commitment to working with people from diverse backgrounds and commitment to cultural competency.
- Ability to uphold and consistently demonstrate the Penske Entertainment Standards.
- General office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Longer hours and weekends required for the Month of May and other major racing events
- Penske Entertainment acknowledges that the need for flexibility varies across all companies/departments and is not best addressed by a one size fits all flexible work policy. As such, the company encourages supervisors to work with their employees to leverage flexibility as needed to support a healthy balance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical demands are light, consisting primarily of sitting, standing and walking
- Must be able to see and hear in the normal range with or without correction and communicate verbally and in written form with great facility and must be able to be understood
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in an office environment
- Employee will be exposed to those conditions normally encountered in a business office environment
- Employee must meet with others on a regular basis
Full-time employees enjoy a very competitive benefit package. Benefits include: Medical (including tax-advantaged Health Savings Account), Dental, Vision, 401(k) with 100% company match up to 5%, Paid Vacation, Personal & Sick Days, 12 Paid Holidays, Company Paid Life Insurance, Pet Insurance, Tuition Assistance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, Generous Paid Parental Leave, On-site Workout Facility, and more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Penske Entertainment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and/or events.