In this role, you'll manage NCAA.org, optimizing communication and messaging strategies to meet association goals effectively. Your key responsibilities include overseeing the website's day-to-day operations and implementing strategies to enhance communication, refine messaging, and drive conversions in alignment with the association's overarching objectives. Your contributions will be crucial in elevating the association's digital presence and achieving critical organizational goals.
- Manage the development and maintenance of NCAA.org.
- Provide guidance and manage the web team responsible for updating and fielding internal content requests on NCAA.org.
- Collaborate with communications partners to deliver internal digital solutions for the national office.
- Recommend, research, and develop new content with national office colleagues.
- Implement strategies for website optimization, focusing on user navigation and content discovery.
- Collaborate with digital communications partners to enhance and integrate social media strategy across platforms.
- Provide strategic guidance in developing website activations as various national office departments request.
- Optimize website content and structure to improve organic search rankings.
- Continuously analyze website performance metrics and make data-driven recommendations for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required; Advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience working in a digital communications environment.
- Demonstrated technical expertise with content management systems and HTML/CSS.
- Demonstrated proficiency with various web strategies, including tagging, SEO, API integrations and analytics.
- Experience with web copywriting is preferred.
- Knowledge and expertise in working with SIDEARM Sports websites are desirable.
- Graphic design and page layout experience is preferred.
- Organizational and team leadership skills are essential.
- Knowledge of college athletics and higher education communications is highly desirable.
- Estimated Travel Required <10%.
- This position will be based out of the national office in Indianapolis, Indiana. Current work environment is hybrid; 3 days in the office and 2 days are remote.
- Teamwork |Can effectively work together with other people and collaborate to achieve a common goal or to complete a task in the most effective and efficient way.
- Resourcefulness|The ability to creatively cope with difficult situations, or unusual problems. It is about problem-solving and getting things done in the face of obstacles and constraints.
- Attention to Detail| Allocates cognitive resources to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks, no matter how small or large.
- Stakeholder Focus |Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders, gets first-hand stakeholder information and uses it for improvements in products and services, acts with stakeholders in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships with stakeholders and gains their trust and respect through honesty, integrity, authenticity, and inclusivity.
- Project Management |The discipline of planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of a specific project.
- LEADERSHIP| We actively listen and continually strive to provide vital solutions, counsel and advocacy for student-athletes and intercollegiate athletics.
- INCLUSION| We seek and incorporate different perspectives and experiences to drive innovation and impact.
- COMMUNICATION| We commit to an environment of openness to build trust and make timely decisions.
- COLLABORATION| We work together, based on mutual respect, to lead and serve our stakeholders.
- ACCOUNTABILITY| We take ownership for our actions and results to add value every day.