Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Coordinator
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Coordinator furthers the Indianapolis Colts mission, core values, and commitment to attract, retain, advance, and support a broadly diverse workforce of the highest level of excellence that thrives in a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace culture. This position reports to the Vice President of People and Culture and works to support of the department’s strategic oversight of the Club’s front office employee experience and professional journey.With a focus on continuous improvement infused with broadly inclusive initiatives, this role primarily focuses supporting the Club’s diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) strategies.
Vice President of People and Culture
The Inclusion and Belonging Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Vice President of People and Culture, and key executives, with the execution of the Club’s diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging strategies. In addition, the Inclusion and Belong Coordinator provides administrative human resources support for the People and Culture department. General responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serves as an integral member of the People and Culture department and contribute to the team’s DEI strategies (i.e. talent acquisition, learning and development, engagement and retention)
- Assists with the execution the organization’s DEI programs and events aimed to expand diversity in sport (i.e. women, BIPOC, etc.)
- Supports the organization’s DEI programming by scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, assembling materials, collecting feedback, etc.
- Participates in the organization’s DEI community activations and events, in collaboration with key departments across the organization
- Customizes league-required training for the benefit of employees’ learning and development
- Handles reoccurring internal DEI communications, as well as assigned external DEI outreach
- Builds effective relationship across the organization to drive inclusion and belonging for cross-functional support of organization’s DEI priorities
- Assists with the expansion of the organization’s talent pool with a focus on underrepresented groups
- Serves as coordinator for the Club’s diversity fellowship programs, as assigned
- Provides regular progress reports on delegated responsibilities and project status updates
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President of People and Culture
- Two years of human resources, DEI or relevant work experience in a professional environment
- Ability to receive sensitive information and strictly uphold employee and organization confidentiality
- Effective communicator who keeps the department and organization’s key stakeholders informed
- Growth mindset and motivated to learn independently and continuously produce high-quality deliverables.
- Tenacious problem-solver; committed to providing exceptional service with timely follow up and follow through.
- Collaborative work style and commitment to placing team before self
- High EQ with exceptional interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, and thrives in a fast-paced and multi-faceted organizational structure
- Understanding of general federal and state labor laws and regulations
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Dayforce HCM system a plus
- Ability to work in office at the Indiana Farm Bureau Football Center
- Available to work evenings/weekends as needed
Responsibilities and qualifications may change at any time with or without notice.
INSTRUCTIONS: Submission of an application must include a resume and cover letter for consideration.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.