We are currently hiring Game Day Operations Interns for the 2023-24 season, from September 2023 to May 2024, where you will have the opportunity to create and provide input and see your ideas come to life at a game. The front office staff will also be available to provide career guidance and coaching to help you learn more about the sports and entertainment industry. You will gain experience in developing and executing in-game entertainment, learning about how game days are planned and executed, as well as external planning and implementation of event operations.
● Assist in all aspects of game day operations, including event coordination, setup, and event services.
● Support in planning operations and logistics for all events.
● Work on the timely coordination of activities with event staff, clients, other building departments, vendors, production staff and show-related contractors.
● Option to work office hours during the week, gaining experience in ticket sales, corporate fulfillment, social media management, business administration, marketing, and more.
● Option to work with the ice crew to help maintain ice during stoppages (skating experience preferred).
● Other duties, as assigned and/or necessary.
● Excellent organizational skills
● Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required; ability to successfully communicate with all levels of staff and the public
● Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
● Strong customer service skills and attention to detail
● Professional presentation, appearance, and work ethic
● Must be able to work flexible/varied hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as necessary
● Must be available for all home games from October 2023 through May 2024
● Must have reliable transportation to and from the Ford Center
● Pursuit of Sport Management, Marketing, Communication, and/or Business degree preferred, but not required
● Computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that employees may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to cold temperatures and elevated noise levels, depending on the nature of a particular event.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.