POSITION TITLE: Seasonal Truck Driver
DEPARTMENT: IMS Productions – Truck
REPORTS TO: Director, Operations
POSITION LOCATION: Various
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
WORKER CATEGORY: Seasonal (Temporary)
DURATION: Various Days from March through September 2024
Penske Entertainment is a leading provider of world-class sports and entertainment. The organization consists of three prominent entities:
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway is the world’s largest spectator sporting facility and annually hosts the world’s most prestigious auto race: the Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge.
- INDYCAR is the Indianapolis-based governing body for North America's premier open-wheel auto racing series, the NTT INDYCAR SERIES, and its developmental series, INDY NXT by Firestone.
- IMS Productions is a multifaceted broadcast and multimedia division that helps bring INDYCAR and IMS events to life for global audiences.
The Penske Entertainment experience is fast-paced, diverse and impactful. Through its business units, the organization reaches audiences on an international scale, focused on delivering exceptional experience from start to finish. Employees of Penske Entertainment are challenged daily in a demanding, yet rewarding environment that is best suited for dedicated professionals who want to reach their ultimate potential amid the excitement, tradition, and pageantry of the World’s Greatest Race Course and the premier open-wheel racing series.
Seasonal drivers will safely transport mobile units to the INDYCAR broadcast site, with a focus on safety and professionalism.
- Perform DOT pre-trip inspection for defects.
- Inspecting engine, maintaining fluid levels, checking/adjusting tire pressure
- Perform DOT post-trip inspection for defects after trips.
- Utilize ELD system in truck to ensure DOT regulations are met.
- Assist engineers and broadcast crew in loading/unloading truck.
- Assist during broadcast setup.
- Constructing catering tent
- Assisting truck engineer with various tasks at setup.
- Assist during broadcast teardown.
- Bringing down and packing catering tent
- Assisting truck engineer with various tasks during strike
- Maintain record of expenses.
- Submit receipts and expense reports promptly for reimbursement.
- Acts as a representative of IMSP while traveling and presents a professional, courteous image always.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- High school graduate or GED with combination tractor-trailer driving experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar driving capacity.
- Effective communication skills.
- Valid CDL Certificate
- Commitment to working with people from diverse backgrounds and commitment to cultural competency.
- Ability to uphold and consistently demonstrate the Penske Entertainment Standards.
- Travel to and from INDYCAR events.
- Penske Entertainment acknowledges that the need for flexibility varies across all companies/departments and is not best addressed by a one size fits all flexible work policy. As such, the company encourages supervisors to work with their employees to leverage flexibility as needed to support a healthy balance
- Expected to adhere to DOT guidelines for hours allowed per driving day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs on a frequent basis.
- Ability to drive tractor-trailer for up to 11 hours per day (with DOT required breaks throughout)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Aside from driving, main work environment will be at race track.
- Many tracks are noisy due to race cars in close proximity to work areas
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Penske Entertainment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and/or events.