The Race Operations Team Coordinator will perform various administrative tasks and support the various race series in which our company participates. This role will travel to race and test events to support senior management. This role will contribute to the efficiency of our business by providing personalized and timely support to the organization. There are two roles available, one to support our IndyCar teams and one to support our IMSA team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as the point of contact for assigned managers, employees, and other external partners
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage calendars and set up meetings as needed
- Format information for internal and external communication – emails, presentations, reports
Race and Test Event Support
- Manage race and test entries
- Liaise with the travel department on personnel requirements and timing for each event
- Manage at-track administrative tasks including, but not limited to, daily schedules, credentials, parking passes, and catering.
- Liaise with the apparel department to ensure all crew members and drivers have the appropriate apparel and safety equipment.
- Assist race car drivers at the track with activities such as personal appearances and autograph sessions.
- Assist with the racecar and spare part logistics for the sportscar team
- Various other duties as assigned
- Associate degree and 3+ years’ experience in high-level administrative/coordinator roles preferred
- Experience working in IndyCar or the IMSA series preferred
- Knowledge of office procedures
- Solid experience with office management systems
- Intermediate-level user of MS Office Suite
- Proficiency with online calendars and cloud systems as well as office equipment, including printers and fax machines
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information.
- Significant ingenuity and flexibility are expected.
- High attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines and coordinate multiple activities required
- Must have excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and diplomacy, be willing to ask questions, and be able to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Must be able to think critically through and assess situations, work independently, and maintain high confidentiality.
This role will involve time in the standard office setting and at tracks nationwide. Participation at race events could include inclement weather.
Frequent keyboarding required; must be able to sit and stand for extended periods and lift up to 50 lbs.
We are an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.