This position would begin work on or around April 25th through September 15th
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide quality comprehensive care for athletes through prevention, evaluation, care, and treatment of injuries and illnesses and assist with injury rehabilitation.
- Screening and referral of athletes to team physicians when appropriate.
- Serve as the certified athletic trainer for the baseball team including practice and game coverage as well as team travel.
- Compile and maintain injury and treatment documentation for the Sports Medicine Department.
- Supervision and daily operation of the baseball athletic training room.
- Assist with establishing, coordinating, supervising, and monitoring athletic training services to all baseball players.
- Communicate with coaches and athletic department staff on various issues, including the Sports Medicine Department policies and procedures, athlete status, restrictions, treatment, appointment compliance, and progress.
- Assist the team physician and staff with the operation of the training facility.
- Assist with upkeep of the facilities, emergency equipment, and modalities.
- Bachelor's degree in Athletic Training
- Certification by the National Athletic Trainers Association. Registered Athletic Trainer in the state of Indiana.
- Training in bloodbourne pathogens
- Certified in Functional Movement Screening (Preferred)
- CPR Certified