USA Football – Coordinator, Market Development
Coordinator, Market Development
Manager, Market Development
Positions Directly Supervised
About USA Football:
USA Football is the governing body of American football in the United States, the sole US member of the International Federation of American Football, and a recognized sports
organization of the US Olympic & Paralympic Committee. Its non-profit mission includes designing and delivering premier educational, development, and competitive programs for American football, including tackle and flag football. USA Football is the only organization that selects and organizes men’s and women’s US National Teams in federation-sanctioned international competition.
This role is responsible for identifying new prospects and customers with our Enrollment, U.S. National Team events, Tournament registrations, Membership and Affiliation programs. This includes a heavy emphasis on building relationships and engagement with athletes and coaches for – but not limited to - USA Football’s National Team and Membership initiatives. This includes prospecting, managing sales lists, and selling events, teams, memberships and programs.
This position will be responsible for creating and building meaningful relationships with constituents, as well as building trust and credibility on behalf of USA Football while serving these audiences. This position must be viewed as a valuable and knowledgeable resource by the constituents and must be able to communicate with them in a variety of relevant methods.
- Oversee the prospecting and sales activities for the U.S. National Team and Membership/Affiliation pathway
- Create invite lists and reach out to athletes and parents to inform them about our programs
- With manager, routinely report on activity and data to product team and divisions
- Identify and qualify prospects to maintain an accurate database of existing accounts and properly manage the opportunity pipeline in Salesforce or other tools identified by leadership
- Executes activities to meet established metrics on products and programs
- Work closely with the National Team and Membership divisions to make sure events match what the marketplace needs and desires
- Support social media efforts and communications, including direct messaging outreach and response
- Provide insight to Marketing & Consulting Sales teams to build a first-class brand experience
- Work with Product Marketing to leverage tools and develop aligned sales and marketing initiatives to drive awareness and event sales for the national team program
- Help develop sales collateral and assets to help you and the team convert prospects and customers
- Attend High Performance and other events as necessary, relating to customer service and/or parent and athlete relationship management
- Overcome prospect objections and concerns and identify tools or programmatic needs to meet this requirement
- Identify and innovate on new and effective means to communicate with prospects
- Support specific product teams and activations
- At least two years of sales experience with a proven record of closing sales
- Previous experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM solution (1+ years)
- High level of comfort prospecting and engaging new customers and prospects
- Comfort with metric transparency and performance evaluations based on activity
- Frequent Travel to Meetings and Events
- Preferably: Understanding and knowledge of football
- Bachelors Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business, or other area
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Comfort with Virtual Meetings, Phone System, and Social Media Tools
- Ability to speak and present well in front of groups and lead meetings (virtual/in-person)
- Strong ability to provoke and challenge customers on valuable tools, resources, products, and programs
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and virtual communication tools
This job primarily operates in a remote office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
Requires the ability to sit for more than four hours per day, reading, listening, stooping, bending and manual dexterity.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time remote position.
Up to 25% travel
We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
Salary range for this position is $38,640 - $57,960, commensurate with experience, education, and skills.
USA Football provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.