USA Football – Manager of Events
Job Title: Manager of Events
Reports To: Senior Manager of Events
Positions Directly Supervised: Coordinator(2)
About USA Football:
USA Football is the governing body of American football in the United States, the sole US member of the International Federation of American Football, and a recognized sports
organization of the US Olympic & Paralympic Committee. Its non-profit mission includes designing and delivering premier educational, development, and competitive programs for American football, including tackle and flag football. USA Football is the only organization that selects and organizes men’s and women’s US National Teams in federation-sanctioned international competition.
Job Function: The Manager, Events is responsible for the planning and execution of assigned events in USA Football’s portfolio including: regional, national and international events, plus conferences and clinics. . Daily tasks include staff management, budget management, event coordination, preparation, operations, sponsorship fulfillment and logistics for each assigned event.
· Manage the coordination and completion of all event project on time within budget and within event scope, including setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities within the department and monitoring the progress of project
· Create and manage event program budgets, monitoring expenses through detailed reporting across all events
· Responsible for the pre-planning and on-site execution of USA Football’s portfolio of events, including, but not liminted to:
o National Team Flag & Tackle Events
o Tournaments & Championships – Domentic & International
o Graassroots Events (i.e. Blitz, Girls Development, etc.)
o Other events as assigned
· Manage all aspects of event logistics, including but not limited to the creation of schedules, venue booking, catering, vendors, travel, transportation, event registration, décor, and meetings
· Review and oversite of the inventory and shipping of all USA Football assets, including equipment, apparel, supplies and signage
· Serve as an event contact for company’s travel agency (all event travel needs), including hotels and travel system
· Oversight of the growth and development of the Event Coordinator(s) and Interns throughout the year
· Collaborate with the USA Football departments that support events
· Creation of post event reports and evaluation
· Champion all standards, policies, and procedures in the Events department
· Onsite event execution support/management
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree is required,
· At least four years of progressive sporting event operations experience
· 2-3 years people management experience
· Exceptional project management and operations management skills
· Organized and attentive to details
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Demonstrated problem solving skills
· Microsoft Office experience, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and manage different types of personalities
· Knowledge and understanding of youth sports, the role of NGBs, and USA Football's mission and function
· Ability to travel frequently for extended periods of time with heavy travel in Spring and Summer. Estimated travel is 30-40% of year.
As required by Equal Pay Transparency Act, USA Football provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, education, etc. The pay range for this position is as follows: Min $48,895, Mid $63,500, Max $78,105.
This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. Must meet requirements.
USA Football is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
When not traveling or at events, this job primarily operates in a remote office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
When not traveling or at events, this position requires the ability to sit for more than four hours per day, reading, listening, stooping, bending and manual dexterity.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time remote position.
Estimated travel is 30-40% of year.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
Salary range for this position is Min $48,895, Mid $63,500, Max $78,105, commensurate with experience, education, and skills.
USA Football provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.