Nothing is more powerful and gratifying than being a part of something bigger than yourself. Bring your dedicated purpose and undeniable passion to the Indianapolis Colts: we are on a journey to build the best organization in football.
The Indianapolis Colts Facilities and Grounds Department are seeking an enthusiastic candidate interested in a career in grounds. The Turf Assistant role is a great season-long opportunity to work full-time from May 2024 through December 2024 withthe grounds department in maintaining the Indianapolis Colts practice facility fields, Grand Park training camp fields, and facility landscaping. Outdoor duties include mowing, top dressing, aerification, over-seeding, filling divots, field painting, re-sodding, landscaping along with other field/facility projects. Indoor duties include cleaning, grooming and brooming of synthetic turf.
Director of Grounds
General responsibilities include:
- Prep and maintain two-three grass fields plus one indoor field at the Indianapolis Colts Practice Facility
- Prep and maintain three grass fields plus two indoor fields at Grand Park during the pre-season (May-August)
- Perform landscaping duties at the Indianapolis Colts Practice Facility as needed
- Pursing a degree/certificate in Turf Management/Turf Science preferred
- Knowledge of NFL field standards such as painting, testing, etc.
- Proven time management, organization and communication skills
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
- Available to work outside of normal business hours during the week including weekends
Responsibilities and qualifications may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.