In a Nutshell
Valve+Meter is growing, and we’re looking for a Content Writer
to join our agency’s inbound marketing team.Why is this role important for Valve+Meter’s work?
Valve+Meter’s approach to marketing involves a focus on customer acquisition. We don’t believe marketing performs until it delivers a consistent flow of new business for our clients. Our local clients are in competitive markets where ranking in the map pack and organic SERPs can make a massive difference to their bottom lines. Joining the Valve+Meter team means bringing your talent and personality to the table when brainstorming and iterating with people from different backgrounds, such as business strategy, marketing, creative, data, and analytics. This diversity of thought and approach results in breakthrough ideas that lead to transformational outcomes.
You should have a passion for the digital world, a propensity to problem-solve, phenomenal attention to detail, and a boundless desire to learn. Our most successful team members are often both "right-brained" (creative) and "left-brained" (analytical). They are also strong team players, as collaboration and education are very important within our Content.
NOTE: This Job Description was not created by a professional writer. Any errors are examples of why we need you!Relevant Capabilities
Our Ideal Candidate should:
- Possess excellent written communication skills. First and foremost, Candidate should have a basic understanding of grammer, spelling, and sentence structure
- Be able to proofread and edit your own work
- Have a knack for stroytelling
- Understand each client’s short- and long-term goals and be able to adapt their writing style for fit the client and their target audience.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of search engine behavior: What content do search engines crawl and read, what practices to avoid, and what changes will have the most impact based on current algorithms.
- Manage day-to-day tasks and client deliverables. Provide direction to Performance Marketing Specialists on specific strategy and tactic execution
- Ensure high-quality content assets are delivered on time, on budget, and in scope.
- Create content for Growth Talks, our quarterly client reviews.
- Seize opportunities to improve skills and seek out new knowledge related to content writing. Stay up to date on industry trends and technologies, and communicate these trends to clients and the V+M Marketing team
When considering a new position it is important to understand what to expect from your day-to-day workflow and contribution expectations. At Valve+Meter, each subject matter expert has 5-7 key things they are primarily responsible for. The 5-7 things for this position encompass:
What Valve+Meter Offers?
- Build and manage client content calendars
- Develop content for blogs, articles, websites, product descriptions, social media etc.
- Edit/proof written content for clients.
- Execution of 90-Day plan
- Facilitat project-specific collaboration with Outside Partners
- Achieve utilization targets
Valve+Meter is a place where you can solve diverse challenges for our clients and the organization, alongside thoughtful, intelligent individuals who lead with a servant’s heart and a conviction to love others and be just. We encourage our team to bring their whole selves (and dogs) to work, we respect the need for work-life boundaries and allow for autonomy in your work and your career.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Company-Paid Life Insurance Policy
- Three Weeks of Paid Time Off
- Ten Paid Holidays (Three of them are Floating)
- Two Paid Service Days
- Flexible Work Environment
- Casual Dress Code
- Pet-Friendly Office
- Environment for Fast Career Growth
- Gym, Bike Share, Tenant Lounge onsite
Director of Digital MarketingAbout Us
We've named our practice Valve+Meter because the variables we can manage with you are the flow and cost of new business. The "valve" part of our approach manages the right rate of new business for your operation, and we set our pricing with you not based on the activities we pursue but on the "metered" results we generate.Mission
We exist to change how businesses approach marketing by delivering abundance and accountability with a customer cost-per-acquisition strategy.Vision
We inspire businesses to look at marketing as a revenue center rather than a cost center.Core Values
- Think: Focus. Find a way forward.
- Love: Act in the long-term best interest of another.
- Serve: Meet expectations. Go the extra mile.
- Transform: Create dramatic change. Be irreplaceable
- Be Just: Be fair and transparent. Do no harm.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, english, journalism or related field
- Minimum of 3 years proven experience content writing or copywriting experience
- Working knowledge of content management systems
- A portfolio of published articles / content
- 5+ years of experience writing content
- Experience working at a marketing agency
- Three or more years experience in a similar role is preferred
- Experience tracking time to specific clients and projects
- Inquisitive and curious – you’re not a box-checker
- Love of the written word and strong language skills
- An understanding of SEO, ranking factors, algorithm updates, and new tactics
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities at the same time
- Strong research skills
- Comfort with uncertainty
- Clear and concise communicator