Logistics Account Manager
The Logistics Account Manager is largely responsible for serving as the primary contact for a portfolio of accounts. Daily, the Logistics Account Manager will take part in client engagement over the phone and by email, as well as provide existing clients with the highest level of service and support to retain their business, grow their accounts and gain referrals.
- Act as point of contact for customers regarding all matters in respect to business with Corcoran Logistics and its vendors.
- Identify customer needs and offer strategic solutions to manage their transportation across multiple modes (FTL, LTL, Rail).
- Negotiate competitive rates and analyze market trends daily.
- Work with a team of on-site and off-site employees to service accounts.
- Appointment scheduling through telephone and e-mail communication with customers.
- Schedule, track and ensure loads are picked up and delivered on-time.
- Increase revenue of key customers by supporting, developing, and implementing key account strategies.
- Work with the Billing Department to handle all carrier/customer issues in a timely manner.
- Other duties as required by business needs or as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in supply chain, logistics, transportation or like experience.
- High attention to detail with proven ability to multitask.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and success driven attitude
- Ability to build rapport with new contacts
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detailed oriented