Sr Platform Engineer
Platform Engineering Job Description
The Platform Engineering team is a collection of highly skilled individuals ranging from development to operations with a security first mindset who strive to push the boundaries of technology. We champion a DevSecOps culture and raise the bar on how and when we deploy applications to production. Our core principals are centered around automation, testing, quality, and immutability all via code. If you are passionate about developer productivity, cloud native applications, and container orchestration, this job is for you! Discover what it's like to be part of a fast paced team dealing with challenging problems that drive the global economy where engineers can do the best work of their life alongside colleagues that share a similar passion.
In this critical role, you'll be instrumental in shaping the core capabilities essential for our platform's success on GCP, including automation, workflow optimization and integration with core CME services. Your primary objective will be harnessing key GCP services to establish, enhance and automate fundamental platform functionalities while emphasizing scalability, resiliency, recoverability, and compliance. Collaborating closely with cross-functional teams, you will enable and implement key data platform services, implement advanced automation solutions and optimize workflows for seamless CICD pipelines. This opportunity offers the chance to drive the evolution of our data infrastructure, enabling the organization to leverage data insights effectively while meeting stringent compliance, performance and reliability standards.
Skills and Software Requirements
• Programming Languages: Strong proficiency in languages such as Java, Python, Ruby, Perl, Go, Scala, and SQL.
• Cloud Platform: Proficient in cloud platforms, especially GCP or AWS, including cloud-specific native technologies, programming languages, and security concepts.
• Cloud Security and Secure Coding Practices: In-depth understanding of cloud security principles and secure coding techniques, along with knowledge of security frameworks for cloud-based applications.
• Containerization and Orchestration: Experienced with containers, orchestration tools (like, Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm, etc.) and container registries (like Google Artifact Registry, Docker Hub, etc.).
• Automation and Workflow Management: Skilled in automating infrastructure and workflows using tools like Terraform and Kubernetes Config Connector (KCC).
• Big Data Frameworks and Tools: Knowledge of frameworks like Spark, Flink, Apache Beam, Elastic Map Reduce and Google Data Proc.
• DevOps Tools: Proficient in Jenkins, Maven, Git, Ansible, or CHEF for continuous integration and deployment.
• Data Storage Formats: Proficiency in YAML, JSON, Avro, ORC, Parquet, etc.
• Software and Platform Services: Experience with SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS.
• Quality Assurance: Skilled in comprehensive system testing and optimizing solution intricacies.
• Agile and DevSecOps Methodologies: Familiar with Agile delivery methods and DevSecOps principles, including CI/CD
• Problem-Solving: Advanced problem-solving skills, able to drive initiatives and tasks independently, with a versatile approach to designing and implementing solutions.
• Collaborative and Autonomous Working Skills: Demonstrated ability to effectively manage tasks and initiatives both individually and as part of a team, ensuring timely delivery of project milestones.
• Leadership: Proven experience leading technology teams, particularly in DevSecOps, Software Development, or Infrastructure, with a strong focus on mentoring and promoting best practices.
• Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills, with effective interpersonal and negotiation capabilities.
Experience, Education, Certifications
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably a BS in Computer Science, IS, or 5+ years of relevant work experience
• AWS, GCP, or other cloud / DevSecOps related certifications
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
At CME Group, we embrace our employees' diverse experiences, cultures and skills, and work to ensure that everyone's perspectives are acknowledged and valued. As an equal opportunity employer, we recognize the importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and consider all potential employees without regard to any protected characteristic.